Additional Resources and References
Links to Additional Resources:
References Consulted for Exhibition:
- The American Institute of Architects. 2001. Guide to Historic Preservation. Electronic document, http://www.aia.org/aiaucmp/groups/aia/documents/pdf/aias078383.pdf, accessed 28 March 2011.
- Barthel, Diane. 1996. "Getting in Touch with History: The Role of Historic Preservation in Shaping Collective Memories." Qualitative Sociology 19: 345-364.
- Devore, Candace. 1989. "Historical Aspects/Renovation of Government House, St. Augustine, Florida." Internship Assignment Report for the Florida Community College’s Certification in Revitalization of Homes and Businesses Program. Jacksonville, Florida.
- Division of Sponsored Research, College of Architecture, University of Florida. 1993. "Research Project: San Luis Archaeological and Historic Site, Tallahassee, Florida." Presented to the Bureau of Historical Museums, Division of Historical Resources, Florida
Department of State, Tallahassee, Florida (June 15, 1993).
- Florida Department of State. 1998. Mission San Luis de Apalachee: a visitor guide. University of Florida Digital Library Center.
- Florida Division of Recreation and Parks. 2011. "Gamble Plantation Historic State Park." Electronic document, http://www.floridastateparks.org/gambleplantation/default.cfm, accessed 18 February 2011.
- George A. Smathers Libraries. 2011. University of Florida Digital Collections. Electronic document, http://ufdc.ufl.edu/results/?t=government%20house%20augustine, accessed 30 January 2011.
- Gordon, Elsbeth K. 2002. Florida's Colonial Architectural Heritage. Florida Department of State, Division of Historical Resources. A Florida Heritage Production, Tallahassee, Florida.
- Hann, John H. and Bonnie G. McEwan. 1998. The Apalachee Indians and Mission San Luis. University Press of Florida, Gainesville,
- Historic St. Augustine Research Institute at Flagler College. 2011. "Research Associates: Herschel Shepard, M.A., A.I.A." Electronic document, http://www.flagler.edu/hsari/research-assoc/description-herschelShephard.html, accessed 10 April 2011.
- Knott, Lawson B. 1965. Government House, St. Augustine, Florida: A Historical Study. Historic St. Augustine Preservation Board, St. Augustine, Florida.
- Murtagh, William. 1988. Keeping Time: The History and Theory of Preservation in America. Sterling Publishing Co., Inc., New York, p. 168.
- National Park Service. 2001. "The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring and Reconstructing Historic Buildings." Electronic document, http://www.cr.nps.gov/hps/tps/standguide/, accessed 28 March 2011.
- Shapiro, Gary and Bonnie G. McEwan. 1992. "Archaeology at San Luis, Part One: The Council House." In Florida Archaeology,
No. 6. Florida Bureau of Archaeological Research, Tallahassee, Florida.
- Shepard, Herschel E. 2011. "Re: Museum Studies Exhibition: Government House, Gamble Mansion and Mission San Luis." Personal communication via email, 14 April 2011.
- Tyler, Norman, Ted. J Ligibel and Ilene R. Tyler. 2009. Historic Preservation: An Introduction to Its History, Principles, and Practice. Second Edition. W.W. Norton & Company, New York.